This is privacy notice of Almond Property Franchise
We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
- WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you register to view our advertised properties, or sign up to our newsletter or purchase a product or service or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Almond Property Franchise is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as "Almond Property Franchise", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice). Our contact details are:
Almond Property Franchise Ltd
57 Suttons Lane
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 01708 450192
For all data matters contact DATA PROTECTION OFFICER Sally Hollis on
We franchise our brand to independent estate agents across the UK who are independently owned and operated by parties that have entered into a franchise agreement with us. Each of Our Estate Agents have their own privacy notices which they will provide to you if you do business with them. We will share your information with Our Estate Agents as explained in this Privacy Notice. They may also share your information with each other as explained in their own privacy notices.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name/last name/ username/marital status/ title/date of birth/gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address/delivery address/email address/ telephone numbers.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. for example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Directly.You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. this includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for our products or services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract thismeans processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligationthis means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Use of the information we collect
Your information will be used by us and Our Estate Agents in connection with the following purposes:
Providing You with Services:
- To provide you with the estate agency services which you have asked us to provide, including but not limited to:
- helping you to sell your property, or to find a property to purchase;
- valuing your property; and
- letting services;
- conveyancing services;
- referring you to our mortgage and insurance partners (Embrace Financial Services and First2Protect Limited); and
- progressing any mortgage and/or insurance transaction you may have commenced using our services.
- to provide advice on financial services related to your property transaction, including mortgage, insurance and protection.
- to introduce you to conveyancing services;
- to keep you informed of any developments in relation to any mortgage product, protection product or insurance product which we help you to take out;
- to protect a tenant’s deposit by registering it with a deposit protection scheme;
- to take payment from you for the services which we provide;
- to arrange and carry out viewings;
- to process the receipt and payment of rent, maintenance and tax for you if a property is being let;
- to arrange an energy performance certificate or home report inspection for you;
- to arrange an inventory check or to prepare a report on the condition of a property if it is being let;
- to ensure that utilities are in place and that utility companies and local authorities are able to contact you for billing purposes when you move in to a property;
- to carry out tenant referencing and credit checks to assess if you are creditworthy before you move in to a property. To carry out such checks, your personal information may be shared with credit referencing companies, please refer to the Disclosure of Information section below for further details;
- to better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs;
- to improve the services we and Our Estate Agents offer by analysing your personal information so we better understand how you use our services;
- to keep client records up to date;
Marketing of Our Services to You:
- to provide you with general updates in relation to the property market, in accordance with your preferences;
- to provide you with information which we reasonably believe may be relevant to you based on the services we are providing to you or to whom we can introduce you to including conveyancing and financial services products;
- to carry out targeted advertising to you on social media websites such as Facebook where you have already shown an interest in our services. This is done through analysing information we collect about your interactions on Our Site and making this available to social media networks;
Responding to Your queries:
- to help answer any questions which you have asked one of our agents or staff members;
- to provide you with a quote for our services;
Improving Our Site:
- to analyse cookie and website usage data to keep improving Our Site;
- to allow us to customise the content which is presented to you based on your likely interests;
Legal and Regulatory Obligations:
- to comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information;
- to investigate or address claims or complaints relating to your use of our services;
- for internal and external auditing purposes;
- to carry out anti-money laundering checks;
- to carry out right to rent checks;
- to transfer information to any entity which may acquire rights in us;
- to collect a debt which is owed to us; and
- for onward referencing where you are a tenant; and
- retention of copyright in all advertising material (including photographs) used to market your property including reserving the right to use these for marketing initiatives following the sale of the property.
The legal basis upon which we deal with your information
Wherever we collect or use your personal information, we will make sure we do this for a valid legal reason. This will be for at least one of the following purposes:
- because it is necessary to fulfil the terms of our contract with you - if you have entered into a contract with us for example to sell a property or provide advisory services for a financial product;
- because it is necessary to support the legitimate interests of our business in operating Our Site and providing estate agency services in relation to Our Estate Agents efficiently to meet your needs - in all such cases, we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in the section on Your Rights below;
- to meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement, or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities
- where we have obtained a clear consent from you - we will always make it clear when we need your consent and how you can change your permissions at any time thereafter.
If you would like to know more about the legal reasons or legitimate interests that apply to a particular way in which we use personal information you can contact us at any time. If you would like to know more about the legal reasons or legitimate interests that apply to a particular way in which Our Estate Agents use your personal information you should refer to their privacy notice or contact them directly.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Almond Property group of companies for marketing purposes.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, product or service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- service providers who need to know the information in order to provide us or you with a product or service including our approved contractors for the purpose of carrying out maintenance or gas safety checks at your property, surveyors where you or your mortgage provider require a homebuyers or structural survey to be carried out, your conveyancer, mortgage or insurance adviser;
- Good2rent for the purpose of seeking your consent to discuss your insurance requirements;
- our panel conveyancing firms if you ask us to arrange conveyancing services for you;
- OneDome Financial Services where you have asked us to refer you to one of our panel conveyancing firms to improve the speed and efficiency of the conveyancing process for you. In such circumstances OneDome Financial Services will be passed such personal information as is necessary to enable them to carry out property searches for your conveyancer;
- law enforcement bodies and/or other regulatory entities in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order including the police, HMRC and local authorities;
- auction houses where the property you are buying or selling is being sold by auction;
- third parties we work with as part of providing our services and their associated companies and sub-contractors, including (but not limited to) IT administrators, inventory clerks, photographers, utility companies, marketing and transactional communication companies, energy performance certificate companies, companies that facilitate electronic signature of documents and relocation agents;
- referencing companies to check your creditworthiness and to help prevent fraud and money laundering, the check will leave a soft ID footprint on your credit file which should not affect your credit rating;
- social media networks such as Facebook for marketing purposes as explained in the ‘use of the information we collect’ section of this Privacy Notice;
- debt collection companies to assist us in collecting any monies which you owe to us where payment is overdue;
- our professional advisers, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- third parties as necessary in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services;
- if we are providing you with letting services we may share your personal information with:
- the landlord, tenant or their guarantor to comply with our legal obligations, including our obligation to keep the landlord fully informed where we manage a property on their behalf and to allow you to contact each other directly in circumstances where the landlord is managing the property;
- Tenant Shop Limited, prior to the commencement date of an agreed tenancy and/or where a tenancy end date has been agreed, where the landlord of a property instructs us to arrange for a property’s gas and/or electricity supply to be provided through Tenant Shop Limited. In these circumstances the landlord and tenant’s contact details will be shared with tenant Shop for billing purposes and to assist in the management of gas and /or electricity supply to the Property at the beginning of a tenancy and during untenanted periods. This does not prevent the supplier of gas and/or electricity being changed by the landlord or the tenant at any time during a tenancy; The tenants’ details will also be shared with Tenant Shop Limited for the purposes of notifying council tax, water and energy suppliers at the property and for the purposes of setting up accounts with them. Tenant Shop Limited are instructed to conduct these services on our behalf;
- mydeposits and/or HFIS plc trading as Hamilton Fraser Insurance for the purpose of providing a tenancy deposit protection scheme;
- UKALA a professional body responsible for raising professional standards amongst letting agents, where information relating to you is requested by them in order to protect your interests; and
- Property Redress Scheme where they are providing an alternative dispute resolution service in connection with the letting services which we are providing.
These parties may be located in the UK or elsewhere in the world where different privacy laws may apply which may not offer the same level of protection as UK law. We only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country and that the service provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Some of our external third parties may be based outside the European economic area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing safeguards.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers including contact, identity, financial and transaction data for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable 9i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact:
Almond Property Franchise Ltd
57 Suttons Lane
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 01708 450192
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Changes to this notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was created on 20th May 2019.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
- Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact our data protection officer:
Almond Property Franchise Ltd
57 Suttons Lane
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 01708 450192
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.